The B130, 12volt, Vaccine Refrigerator was specifically developed to WHO PQS specification standards and sponsored by the South African National Department of Health. This unit was designed for use where there is solar power through batteries to continuously power the Refrigerator. It will hold the fridge temperature between 2˚C and 8˚C during high ambient temperature as high as 43˚C.
This gives clients the assurance that their vaccines will retain their efficacy and shelf life. The vaccine refrigerator also has the unique feature of having a freezer compartment for freezing ice packs that are subsequently used in cooler boxes for transporting vaccines to remote locations during vaccination campaigns. The B130 Vaccine refrigerator is built to handle the robust duties expected in an African environment with a legacy of longevity in the field (early examples are still working after more than 20 years’ service, including in many African countries). The unit comes with the Minus 40 Warranty and can be specified with a service package.
- The refrigerator temperature is controlled by a 2 stage digital controller.
- The first stage of the digital controller cools the unit by switching the compressor either on or off.
- The second stage of the digital controller is set to prevent freezing of the vaccine load.
- Should internal temperature near freezing point, the controller switches on a heating unit to provide sufficient heating to prevent freezing.
- Alarm indication is provided for temperatures outside the 2˚C to 8˚C.